Thursday, 11 August 2022

Ask Attorney Dave

What to Do If You Have Suffered a Personal Injury

If you are a victim of a personal injury, there several things you can do to help yourself and protect your right to compensation should you want to file and injury claim.

  • Seek proper medical treatment and follow up with the proper authorities and your own insurance company.
  • Write down as much as you can about the accident itself, your injuries, and any other losses (such as wages) you've suffered as a result of the accident.
  • Make notes of conversations that you have with people involved in the accident or the injury claim.
  • Preserve evidence of who caused the accident and what damage was done by collecting physical evidence and taking photographs.
  • Locate people who witnessed the accident and who might be able to help you prove your case.
  • Notify anyone you think might be responsible for the accident of your intention to file a claim for your injuries.
  • If you believe your injury was caused by the negligence or intentional act of another, you may want to contact an attorney to discuss this.
  • You should call an attorney as soon as it is convenient and avoid discussing the matter with strangers and/or insurance representatives that are not from your own insurance company.
  • Cooperate with police, your own treating physicians, and your own insurance company.

When making a personal injury claim, there are statutes of limitation set to define the time between when an injury occurs and when the claim can be filed. These statues vary from state to state and may be different depending on the type of injury involved.

Personal Injuries Practice Areas

Automobile Accidents
Premises Liability
Wrongful Death Claims

The Law Office of Timothy L. Dave handles personal injury cases in Central Florida area; including the cities of Orlando, Sanford, Lake Mary, Kissimmee, Altamonte Springs, Oviedo, St. Cloud, and the surrounding areas of Brevard, Duval, Volusia, and Hillsborough counties.

For a Confidential Consultation Call the Central Florida Law Office at: